Uniforms & Grooming
Grooming standards for all students
On college academic days, students shall only be seen in uniform AT ALL TIMES while on the 5th or 6th floor. This includes before college hours, during college hours and even college hours. After. Being caught on these floors wearing any other clothing apart from sanctioned uniform will be actioned.
If a student has to come to college on a non-working day (for example to make a submission or to meet the principal) or during industrial training for any reason whatsoever, he/she must be semi-formally attired (no jeans, collar or T-shirt, short, chappals/floaters) with tucked-in shirt, acceptable footwear and proper grooming shall not be attended to and shall be asked to exit the premises.
Only uniforms and accessories prescribed and outfitted by the college have to be worn by students.
Replacement of any element of any uniform need to be identical to the original
Kitchen shoes are to be used only in food production areas
- Uniforms must be clean, spotless, well maintained and ironed.
- Shirts/tops must be buttoned up at all times.
- Suitably colored non revealing inner garments must be worn.
- Trousers must be of the correct length.
- Footwear must be cleaned/polished daily
- Finger nails must be kept clean, well clipped, filed and shaped
- No chewing gum, paan masala or similar
- Regular use of mild deodorant or antiperspirant is encouraged. Moisturizers may be used as required. Avoid strong perfumes
- Shower daily to promote personal hygiene especially preventing body odor
- Use mouth freshener spray in order to avoid mouth odor
- A watch of a conservative design may be worn, with a plain, simple face and fitted band.
- No rings except wedding ring in case the student is married
- Name badges in proper condition are part of the uniform and must be worn on the left hand side
Specific grooming standards for Boys
- Plain black socks without design or embroidery to be worn.
- Ties design should be conservative. The tip end of the tie to touch the top or middle of the belt buckle.
- Belts (I not outfitted by college) must be black (to match the shoes) and must sport a plain conservative style
- Clean shave daily (using a sharp razor): beards are not permitted.
- Mustaches must be neat, freshly trimmed, and should not exceed past the corner of the mouth and should not cover the upper lip.
- Fancy, wild and fashionable hair styles are expressly disallowed
- Clean, professional looking, freshly styled hair, worn short and well combed with the back hairline above the collar
- All Sikh (male) students should wear black turbans only. Patkas are not allowed
- Hair should not cover ears.
- Sideburns, not longer than the mid-ear section.
- Moderate use of gels, mousses and hair sprays.
Specific grooming standards for Girls
- Hair must not be streaked with colour.
- Short hair must be styled away from the face and kept off the shoulders at all times.
- Hair longer than shoulder length must be tied neatly in a bun, or a style that looks professional and does not cover the face.
- Fringes must be neat and just above the eye brows
- Basic make up, complementing your uniform, face and skin tone.
- Subtle shades to be used on the eyes, cheeks, nails and lips. All make up should be tastefully applied.
- Hands and legs to be waxed regularly